It is that time of year again, you start thinking about your New Year’s resolutions, your goals for 2023, and reflect on your 2022 results. Some of us even do the New Year’s planning ahead, so that we can wrap our minds around our new goals and start to plan our actions to achieve them. The ugly truth is, a lot of people don’t set any goals and don’t really know what they want to achieve in life, never mind a specific period, like a year. Their argument is that things change all the time and goals are never achieved in any way. That mindset might work in “real life”, but in business that’s a gamble, as a business without any goals might survive but will never reach its full potential. Luckily people don’t always know what they don’t know, so they might not realise that they can achieve more if they plan for it and set some goals. Some people don’t know how to set proper goals, that is why they have a perception that it never works. The good news is that there are tools available to help you structure your goals. The S.M.A.R.T. goal setting method is well known in business and very effective. It serves as a recipe to ensure that your goals are: Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Realistic and Time-bound. The best recipe to ensure that you do achieve your goals is to write them down, no matter which method or model you use to determine them. The most successful people in life have a philosophy around mindset and goal setting, here are ten to inspire you:
- “If you want to be happy, set a goal that commands your thoughts, liberates your energy and inspires your hopes” – Andrew Carnegie
- “All who have accomplished great things, have had a great aim, have fixed their gaze on a goal, which was high, which sometimes seems impossible” – Orison Swett Marden
- “Our goals can only be reached through a vehicle of a plan, in which we must fervently believe and upon which we must vigorously act. There is no other route to success – Pablo Picasso
- “Success is the progressive realization of a worthy goal or ideal” – Earl Nightingale
- “The trouble with not having a goal is that you can spend your life running up and down the field and never score” – Bill Copeland
- One way to keep momentum going is to have constantly greater goals” – Michael Korda
- “A goal properly set is halfway reached” – Zig Ziglar
- “If you want to live a happy life, tie it to a goal, to people or things” – Albert Einstein
- “My philosophy about life is that if we make up our mind of what we are going to make of our lives, then work hard toward that goal, we never lose – somehow, we always win” – Ronald Reagan
- “It always seems impossible, until it is done” – Nelson Mandela.
As human beings, we should have goals for our life, our career, our business, our relationships, our children, our education, our spirituality and any other area that we possibly can. Not all goals are big goals, but it starts with setting a goal and ensuring that you work towards it on a constant basis and with passion. Measure your progress and enjoy the benefits of achieving what you want from life. So here’s to 2023, may all your dreams and goals inspire you! If you would like to find out more on how to set specific goals, contact an ActionCOACH Business Coach in your area because your success is our business!
Book your Complimentary Coaching Session today: https://bit.ly/3gsIQGv